Can you believe we are already 6 months into 2014 and summer is in full swing? It may be hard to believe how fast time has flown, but so far 2014 has been a great year. With that said, today we want to share some trends that are taking over this year.
1. Romantic Outdoor Receptions and even Ceremonies: One of our favorites to this day is an outdoor reception or ceremony with elegance. The romance of outdoor weddings and receptions can be taken to the next level with all the right planning. Think big and use some of the other trends below to make your big day the biggest and best it can be!
Image on right: design by Events by Hala
2. Old Hollywood Glamour: Think somewhat out of ‘The Great Gatsby’ which is in fact one of our favorite movies, the idea of translating it into a wedding is a divine idea. There is nothing more decadent and elegant than old Hollywood glamour. As Daisy would say, “The best thing a girl in this world can be is a beautiful fool.”
Concept and design by Todd Events
3. Patterns, but not hard edges: Chevron was so big last year; this year soft edge patterns are all the rave, think big stripes and floral prints. Why not go big for 2014?
4. With the old Hollywood Romance look, candelabras are huge: With all the return of romance, candelabras are the perfect addition. Despite their size, adding these throughout your event will add extra glamour, mix and match with large ones and small ones.
Candelabras available for rent at P.O.S.H. view them here.
5. Pink: We don’t mean over the top, just light pink hues for your main colors or accents. Incorporate pink with soft/neutral tones for a great summer duo.
6. Adorned invitations: One of the biggest growing trends we are seeing is ornate and adorned invitations. They are becoming a game changer and set the tone for your wedding before the big day even rolls around, giving guests a sneak peek at what you have in store for them.
7. Serve Dinner Family Style: Forget waiters walking around serving each plate, a family style dinner offers your guests a wider variety and can even be an ice breaker for guests to talk with their tablemates. What if your wedding is black tie? You can still serve family style; just make sure there are waiters dressed in black tie walking around assisting your guests.
8. Lace: While lace is usually reserved for the bride we love the idea of incorporating it into your table with your tablecloth or plates/chargers. Lace is also perfect to complete a romantic outdoor reception.
Place setting: Mottahedeh Lace Charger with Mottahedeh Tree China
9. Radiant Orchid: With this being the pantone color of the year, it’s time for bright colors to take center stage. Whether incorporating it with subtle pops or using it as your main focus, we think the color of Radiant Orchid will make your wedding a standout.