1. Our favorite tabletop collection gets inspired by award-winning costume designer and artist Tony Duquette. What?! We can hardly wait. Serving plates and a hand-painted artichoke-shaped tureen from the Tony Duquette collection by Mottahedeh. Photo credit: Geoffrey Sokol. Read all about it at Architectural Digest.
2. When we saw this #TBT on the Neiman Marcus Facebook page, it struck a chord because isn't this exactly how every person feels when they walk through the doors for the first time? “I dreamed all my life of the perfect store for women. Then I saw Neiman Marcus, and my dream came true.” – Edna Woolman Chase, former Vogue editor, 1936. (Vintage photo of the Flagship store in Downtown Dallas.) Amen.
3. We had the pleasure of brunching with the Brides of North Texas yesterday at the newly renovated (and utterly gorgeous) The Joule Hotel in downtown Dallas. We love those ladies and can't wait for their 5 year anniversary! Image via our friends at De Ma Fille Bridal.
4. What are we reading and watching? We always love Net-a-porter's weekly mag The Edit, but this week they have the iconic Iman sharing her wisdom and fashion know all. Isn't she fabulous at any age? Work it, girl. Also on our list is the upcoming biopic of Jimi Hendrix entitled All Is By My Side starring Andre 3000. Our love for Jimi, classic rock 'n roll, and appreciation for all things Outkast have us more than looking forward to this much anticipated film. More details here.
5. Wondering what to eat and drink this weekend? James Tidwell, beverage manager and sommelier of The Four Seasons in Dallas, shares the best summer wines to help you beat the heat over at The Daily Meal (our newest source of all foodie fun). And what else to eat but the best Chile con Queso ever? (We are in Texas, after all.) Texas Monthly shares the iconic (yes, we used iconic to describe a dip) recipe from Dallas' own Matt Martinez Jr. Yum is an understatement.
Your turn! What's inspiring you this weekend?