While you're spending time with family during the long weekend, take a cue from what we hope to see, eat, and do around Dallas. What are your family plans?
1. The Cindy Sherman exhibit that began at the MoMa is ending at the Dallas Museum of Art. Cindy Sherman is well known in art circles for self portraits inhibiting the female form and all of its expressions. Put simply, she's the Meryl Streep of the art world, uncannily talented and ready to play muse to whatever character falls into her mind's eye. It's truly something to take in, and we're lucky enough to have her work visit our city. Read more at the DMA's blog, Art&Seek.
2. Christian Lacroix is adding a touch of couture to the world of tabletop. We, of course, couldn't be more thrilled. See more of this beautiful collaboration of porcelain and fashion for Maison + Objet 2013 here.
3. The Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum is so good, y'all. What is already a gorgeous venue in Dallas hits the highest note of the season with a display of over 500,000 tulips that rivals any trip to Holland. This is the perfect place for family time this weekend. More info here.
4. Oh, Gucci. We love this dress for glamorous hosting duties, Spring galas, and even for of how we envision it transitioning into Fall. Get it here.
5. Hungry for serious street tacos? Look no further than La Ventana. Meso Maya's backyard taco stand is so good, we've haven't been able to go a week without their fresh tacos and street corn. It's walking distance from Klyde Park and the perfect reason to venture outside the park on your next visit.
6. America's favorite pastime is here. The Rangers aren't the only team on our radar this season. We're also looking at Jami's son Joseph Jr. He's earned bragging rights for pitching 16 strikeouts this week. We're all such proud mamas over here! Dallas Morning News.