We are in the midst of spring and that means spring break. The first thing that comes to our minds is beaches, sun, and relaxation. And even though we may not have plans to sit on the beach or bask in the sun, we still love the idea and style of spring break. There is something so carefree and whimsical about the whole thing and we can’t get enough of it! Summer whites, cool and deep blues, colorful prints, and pastels are all on the style menu. And days of relaxation and cool drinks are on the actual menu. So sit back and relax, even if it’s only in your backyard because spring break is here!
For your Tabletop
Keep it light and breezy. Whites, blues, creams, greens, and/or pastels. To give your tabletop the essence of spring break don’t over complicate the design. A simple white tablecloth with a clean and inviting place setting will do the trick! Add some spring appropriate flowers with color like hydrangeas or tulips and your table will be the essence of a chic spring break style.
1. Design and planning with Grit + Gold 2. Event at Dallas Arboretum 3. Outdoor Tea from Emily Clarke Events 4. Outdoor place setting with Grit + Gold
For your Outfit
Keep cool in light layers and spring colors. Think resort style meets brunch style. Dresses, shorts, and tank tops will give you the style you need to keep you looking cool all spring long!
For your Palette
To keep cool while you’re relaxing and thinking spring break thoughts, we think a cold sangria is the perfect accessory. And this tropical pineapple sangria will do the trick!
- 750 ml Riesling or Moscato wine
- 15 oz. can pineapple in juice (not syrup)
- 1 large orange, sliced into circles
- 2 limes, sliced into circles
- ½ c. coconut rum
- seltzer or club soda, optional
- Stir together all ingredients except seltzer in a large glass pitcher. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least three hours before serving.
- Serve over ice, with a splash of seltzer if desired.
Find recipe here!
And for even more spring break inspiration, check out style.com’s model spring break beauty and inspiration!
Images via Pinterest