The days leading up to Fall always seem to get us inspired to, well, get inspired. The back to school bug must stay in us through adulthood. Here is what is on our radar this month; what's on yours?
1. We spotted these new hand-sewn cotton classics in the September issue of Lucky, and they're already ordered for fall entertaining. Perfect for a Southern hostess. Lucky staffer, Alexis Morgan said, "I want to host a dinner party just so I can use these napkins." We concur. $12 each from Zojora.com. See her other Fall finds here.
2. Y'all, Jerry Hall is revisiting Ann Bancroft's infamous role as Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. Have we said enough? Reason enough to travel to Australia. Fingers crossed she decides to try it stateside. Read about it and see a click of rehearsals here.
3. Our new favorite band is HAIM (rhymes with thyme), a trio of sisters with serious musical chops. They've already been compared to a young Fleetwood Mac - a serious compliment that isn't taken lightly (and worth it). We first found them when they covered Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" (go immediately and watch it here). Their album drops at the end of the month, and ours is on pre-order. Girl power, sisterhood, fist pumping - yes!
4. If the rumors are true, the new iphone will come in champagne and gold. All about it!
5. Top of our reading list: The Lowlands by Jhumpa Lahiri is on the number one spot. Read about it here.