It’s the most wonderful time of the year–holiday hostess season. While that has visions of turkey dinners and sugarplums dancing in our heads, we know social season brings along its fair share of hectic party planning and stress. Thankfully, a great hostess knows he or she doesn’t have to DIY every little detail.
The secret behind every successful party isn’t managing all the elements, but rather calling in reinforcements. Rentals are the game changer you possibly haven’t thought of outside of a big wedding or special event. Below are our tried and true tips and tricks to navigating a relaxed evening because this should be a night you remember, too. So make your list, check it twice, and don’t forget to invite us to the party!
Create the Guest List (or Double It)
‘Tis the season for maximizing your guest lists. You have family, friends, and co-workers wanting an invite, but do you have enough room for everyone to rest easily? Chair rentals can easily double your seating for sit-down dinners. Here’s the math: the traditional dining chair typically has arm widths of 24 inches, while Chiavari chairs sit at a pretty 14 inches. The more the merrier, indeed. Additionally, take advantage of your outside patio with extra chairs, barstools, and heaters. (Yes, we have all of that, too!)
Embrace a Signature Cocktail or Appetizer
We love a catered drop-off, even if we are serving alongside Mom’s famous main dish. Dallas has the best of the best, being a foodie town. If you opt out of a sit-down dinner, small bites win—especially when served in a showstopping amuse-bouche dish. Likewise, a signature drink goes a long way. We love the idea of copper mugs with cider and delicious, warm drinks, or a champagne tower to toast the evening. (And make a beautiful photo op. It is all about the Insta these days, after all.)
Set the Mood
We love a festive atmosphere. Candelabras and beautifully lit candles make a room cheerful and bright. Incorporate a family heirloom here or rent a Texas favorite from Jan Barboglio to set the scene. Music is also the magic for the evening. If you need help with that, we have a POSH Holiday Playlist on Spotify.
Behind the Scenes Magic
We’ve said it once, and we will say it again: RENT! The holidays are truly exhausting at times. Take some of the load off of your plate with renting china, chairs, coat racks, and service station pieces. The best part of this is the most obvious–no clean up! Every hostess deserves to enjoy the party, and that shouldn’t include doing dishes. Just scrape, rack, and stack your china plate and dish rentals in the garage, and we will pick them up the next day.
1 and 2. Metallic Chocolate Charger, Mottahedeh Tree China with Coupe Linen China, Stella Stemware with Gatsby Champagne Coup, Cutipol Rondo Matte Gold Flatware. Image and design by Silver Lining Events + Co.
3. Champagne Coupe Tower. Image by Grit and Gold Events Co.
4. Signature drinks in assorted tumblers. Image by Bring It To Light Photos.
5. CG Metal Charger, Napoleon Dinner Plate, Charles Sadek Exotic Bird, Royal Gold Stemware with Stella Goblet, San Remo Flatware, Wooden Bench.
6. Jan Barboglio Hammered Charger, Coupe Linen China, Silver Goblet, Avery Amber Goblet.
7. Jan Barboglio Centerpiece, Jan Barboglio Hammered Charger, Mottahedeh Tree China mixed with Leopard China, Cutipol Matte Gold Flatware, Avery Goblet, Silver Goblet.
8. Gold Floral Lace Amuse-Bouche
9. Jan Barboglio Centerpiece and Candles, Jan Barboglio Hammered Charger, Christian Lacroix Butterfly Parade Charger, Gold Bead Glass Plates and Soup Bowl, Lucca Matte Black and Gold Flatware, Duchess Goblet with Elise Cut Crystal Stemware, Chiavari Chairs