|Images via: The Moma / The New York Times / House Beautiful / Assouline / Haute Hippie|
Everyone has been sharing their gift guides for the holiday season, so we thought we'd shine a light on a few items that have caught our eye this December. These are the perfect gift for any lady in your life.
1. Damien Hirst's mixed anamorphic cup and saucer set. This artfully inspired set of six espresso cups and saucers was produced in conjunction with Hirst's 2012 retrospective at the Tate Modern. The designs are direct reflections of his artwork, including Virtue, The Incomplete Truth, Beautiful Amore, Beautiful Cataclysmic, Doorways to the Kingdom of Heave, and For the Love of God. What art lover (or tea taker) wouldn't want these? Available through the MoMa store here.
2. You know we'd have more than one tea set on our list, right? This set by British designer Richard Brendon caught our eye in House Beautiful last month and is high on our list. These saucers are rescued from discard bins throughout England's finest antique stores and paired with bone-china cups painted platinum or gold. What a gorgeous, thoughtful gift.
3. Speaking of Damien Hirst, splurge for his collaboration with Alexander McQueen on a series of wearable art for the fashion house. With their gallery price tags, you just might want to frame them. Our favorite, shown above, is the Judecca. Available at Alexander McQueen stores and online here.
4. Every gal loves a great coffee table book, and Assouline's SWANS: Legends of the Jet Society looks awfully inviting with its spreads of opulent lifestyles and exotic locations. Whether you're privileged or just a dreamer, this is the perfect book to inspire.
5. Clothes are always on the top of the giving and receiving list, but it's such a personal choice that it's often hard to find a good sartorial gift. However, Haute Hippie has the perfect mix of winter whites to hit the town come New Year's Eve. A gift that immediately gives, how 'bout that.